Tuesday, January 13, 2009

God working in our lives....

Chris and I continue to grow in our marriage and I thank God above for being the foundation for us. In the past if I did not get my way, I would push or bully to get it.....why because I felt my way was the most logical! These past few months, I have been humbled to allow God to do the work in my husband, thus the work in me. For example, just last Friday, Chris and I disagreed on something pretty important to me. In the past, I might have stated my case in a million different ways to show that my way must be the right way to do something (I know, not logical thinking, right). Instead, I had to run an errand and prayed to God that I was to allow Chris to be the spiritual leader in our household and that I would support his decision.....even though I knew that my way would be obedient to God. Upon my return home, Chris had stated that as a family we needed to be obedient to God and that he agreed with my decision.

The moral of the story is not that the decision went my way, (believe me, there are plenty of times when this was not the case). It is however, that I have learned to allow my husband to be the spiritual leader of the household as well as let go and let God be the guidance in our marriage. I must say that from what I know.......I feel truly blessed to have Chris as my husband. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Message Here....