Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Day Chris and I have Dreamed of.....

Luke turned 12 weeks old yesterday and guess what.......last night was his first complete night of sleeping through the night!! HOOOOORAY! He went to bed at 7:30 p and awoke at 6:30 a. That is 11 whole hours.....the longest of his life and well deserved for us I would have to say. The funny thing is the night prior he was up every 3 hours (like the old days) and then he pulls an 11 hour on us. I am not crossing my fingers that this will stay for long, but I know the light is at the end of the tunnel.

Remembering back.....when Luke was 2 weeks old - recently, let's just say he was text book colic. He cried all day long, except when he was eating (which then we overfed him and he would throw it all up....look we did not have a clue) and sometimes when he was sleeping on someone's chest. He screamed the entire car ride, anytime he was put down, etc......you get the point. This peaked between 5-7 weeks. Everything that I read said, it starts at 2 weeks, peaks at 6, and then dissipates by 3 months (for most babies). I prayed and prayed Luke would be most babies in this case because I could not take it anymore.....Look I am not complaining about my son, it was just a REALLY difficult time.

Our little boy is almost 3 months old and the bell shaped curve is going down. He has left the peak and is what Chris and I like to joke about and say to each other...."look Luke is like a normal baby right now"....we have had to keep the humor over the last few months or we would have not been speaking.

Luke now takes short naps (most of the time....better than nothing), cries for only 5 minuttes of the car ride instead of 45 minutes, has no problem going to bed at night for about 2 weeks now, and now I get to say "SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT"....boy life is good!

Have a great day! I have had sleep, so I know I will.....

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah - isn't it wonderful when they sleep that long? Hopefully he will continue to do so and you can have your sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...I know first-hand how tough it has been for Chris and you, although it taught you to dance through the storm.

    ReplyDelete

Your Message Here....