Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter....He has Risen

Easter is such a great time for me, it ranks right up there with Christmas! Easter bunny and presents, you might ask.....NOPE!! It is becuase they both celebrate Jesus. Christmas celebrates the birth of my personal Lord and Savior and Easter celebrates that He died for our sins and rose from the dead. Within the past year or two, my personal relationship with God has surpassed my expectations. In the past, I wondered what I could do to be OBEDIENT to God and felt GUILTY when I was not. Today, (even though I make plenty of mistakes and sin daily), I am in AWE of the works that He completes in my life. I am blessed everyday, even when surrounded by incredible pain. I love Jesus and thank You Jesus for washing away my sins....

I did not snap too many pictures, but did get quite a bit of video. It appears that it is one or the other with me.....why cannot I figure out how to do both at the same event??
Here is Chris with Luke before church.....speaking of church, great sermon this week Pastor Darrel.....loved the music as well. Tears streamed down my face numerous times. The Holy Spirit was in me and sooooo powerful in the sanctuary!!

Luke playing in the nursery! He has become quite disruptive in service, so we have begun taking him to the nursery. They post your number if you need to come tend to your child.....has not happened yet, but believe me our eyes are glued to it when a new number flashes!!
We went to pick him up and he was having a blast in this "castle"....hmmm it was awful confining, maybe we should get this for home??

Funniest picture EVER! I packed the diaper bag before Luke laid down for his morning nap. I did not want to wake him, so all morning I kept reminding myself to get an EXTRA pair of pants (in case of an accident). On our way to church, I remembered that I had FORGOT to pack them, but oh well, he rarely needs extra clothes anymore.....
To Walmart we went and out of the car seat with a huge puddle in his pants.....Chris took him to the changing station and they came out like this
LOOK CLOSELY and you will find a shirt being used as SHORTS...what a clever Hubby I have!! Guess I could have purchased a pair of pants at Wal-Mart, but what the heck, this was too cute....
Easter toy...

Catching a ride.....
Easter dinner was at our house and we were soooo lucky to have family with us, including Grandma and Grandpa, Grandma Karan, Aunt Joy and Uncle Gordon, Aunt Jan and cousin Cheyenne, Great grandma Rose and Great grandpa Joe.....
We had honey ham, au gratin potatoes, asparagus, salad, rolls, and chocolate cake for dessert......mmm....mmm...GOOD!!

1 comment:

  1. The shirt as shorts is cracking me up. That's one creative daddy!

    ReplyDelete

Your Message Here....